Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Carl Rudolph Villiger Photo Archive

Welcome to the Carl Rudolph Villiger Photo Archive. He was my grandpa, my mother's mother, and a warm, wonderful man. A grocer in East St. Louis, he loved drumming with the Shriners. He was stricken with debilitating Parkinson's disease so I never saw him in parades, I'm sad to say.

He married Anna Mae McClelland, who raised chickens in her backyard for him to sell and worked with him in his store.  You can see photos of her family and relatives at another blog, the Anna Mae McClelland Photo Archive.

I'll polish this blog after the holidays, but in the meantime, here's a photo of him in his grade school class in Red Bud, Randolph County, Illinois.



On the back, in my mother's handwriting, is:
Carl Rudolph Villiger
3rd from right front row
1904-1905
Born July 24, 1890 Red Bud, Illinois
Moved to St. Louis 1905
E St Louis 1905



No comments:

Post a Comment

Adolph Villiger and Fhlisity Nurdin Villiger

In my last post I mentioned that the Villiger clan always gathered at my grandparents for Thanksgiving and at Aunt Fhilisity's for Chris...